Be worry-free and use this handy checklist to prepare for Orientation.
Prior to Orientation, complete the following steps:
- Make sure you have secured a spot in an orientation and have paid guest fees (if applicable) before booking any travel.
- Request that final academic transcripts (high school and/or college) and test scores be sent to Boise State University Admissions, 1910 University Drive, Boise, ID 83725. This process does not happen automatically.
- Print your Bottom Line Estimator to plan ahead for your semester costs and financial aid. Come prepared if you wish to talk about your finances with financial aid representatives at orientation.
- Check your To-Do Items in your My.BoiseState Student Center to find out if you need to provide extra documents when you arrive on campus.
- Review the academic advising preparation materials located here. Do not schedule an advising appointment prior to BroncoVenture Orientation.
- Review Boise State web resources including the Student Code of Conduct and submit all relevant applications for on campus housing and Financial Aid (including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Check both your personal email and your BroncoMail frequently for important information.
What should I bring?
Every new student should bring:
- Official form of identification
- Boise State student ID number
- Any essential prescription medications you may need
- Money for placement tests ($20 each) if applicable
- Spending money for snacks
Overnight Lodging Pack List
If you’re staying overnight, pack:
- Change of casual clothing and footwear
- Appropriate athletic attire for recreation center click here for attire policy
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Pillow and sleeping bag or twin-sized linens and comforter
- Towel, washcloth, and toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower shoes/flip flops
- Alarm clock (if using your phone alarm, don’t forget the charger!)
- Drugs or alcohol
- Non-service animals
- Friends/guests (unless registered for BroncoVenture Family Orientation)
- Valuables (electronics and jewelry)
Post-Orientation Raft Trips
Want to have the adventure of a lifetime in Idaho’s great outdoors? Campus Recreation is hosting post-Orientation whitewater rafting trips for students and families, plus student-only backpacking and rafting extended Orientation expeditions. Trips vary by BroncoVenture Orientation date. To learn more, click here to view Broncoventure Outdoor Orientation Adventures
*Note: If you are in the Honors College, you will have additional programming after your June 21-22 program, so you won’t be free to participate in the whitewater rafting trip following that program.